Let’s talk about Longmont! Some fun facts about Longmont, CO:
- Longmont was established in 1871 by a group of people from Chicago, IL
- Longmont contains is in both Boulder and Weld counties and sits just northeast of Boulder
- Longmont was organically established as an agricultural community however it expanded beyond its original intent in the 1960s when the government build an air traffic control center, IBM established a campus there, and other technology companies started building presence there.
- The estimated population is roughly 90,000 people
- Longmont is part of the St. Vrain school district
Longmont offers the feel of a small town with the convinces of a more urban area. It is about 35 miles from Denver, and 15 miles from Boulder. Longmont has a great economic environment without the overwhelm of the business of a large city. Companies like IBM and Seagate have campuses here. Additionally Longmont offers an abundance of arts, entertainment, restaurants, civic organizations and more making it a great choice for residents who are looking for a small town feel, rich history and convenience.
Other great resources for Longmont Living: